Since its founding in 1998, Viticultural Management, Inc. (VMI) has been providing full-service management and cultural care to vineyard owners in the Central Coast region of California. Field workers, staff and management of VMI adhere to the following major principles:
- We care for the vineyards in the best possible, responsible
and professional way.
- Our activities are focused on producing quality grapes
at sustainable yields that meet the economic needs of our
- Our clients and their vineyards are our first priority.
During critical times in the growing season there are no
limitations in regards to working hours.
- We do not claim to have answers to all technical questions
and consult, and so we consult, when necessary, with other
viticultural specialists and consultants.
- We apply the newest proven technologies and have an open
mind towards new ideas and innovations.
- We believe in the benefits of integrated pest management
and sustainable vineyard practices.
- Continued education is an integral part of our work schedule
- VMI adheres to a strict "at-cost" policy and
strives to negotiate the best conditions on any purchases
of materials or services be it for our clients or for VMI.
- We demand high performance from our employees, subcontractors
and custom operators but treat them respectfully and as
valuable business partners.
- Any job we perform shall be completed in the best quality
possible within the given budget. Our vineyards, the equipment,
tools and workplaces are kept clean and safe.
- The business and vineyard operation of our clients is
a confidential matter. No financial or technical data is
discussed with unauthorized persons.